Website. Saved by Bruce Hesselbach. Website: chestervt.gov; Address: Chester, VT 05143; Hours may change under current circumstances. Carol. Established in 1910 to build this trail stretching the length of Vermont, the club now also maintains the Appalachian Trail in Vermont and trails in the Northeast Kingdom in its mission to "make the Vermont mountains play a larger part in the life of the people." Ignore the Big Tree Loop sign, you're on the Lost mine trail… The hike will be led by Ken Walker, Irwin and Melissa Post and Arne Joynas, longtime CCC members and part of the Lost Mine Trail development team. Now a ghost town, you can find remains of the abandoned village within Bomoseen State Park. 4.5. During the 1800s, the village of West Castleton, Vermont was bustling with activity centered around the slate industry. Chester Trail Hiking Lost Cheshire Cheese Hill Walking The trail is a series of switchbacks to the summit of Wantastiquet Mt. Lost Mine Trail, Chester VT 5/26/16. Map is accurate, pretty easy to find trailhead, almost to the end of Water Farm Road. The lower elevations were formerly the now abandoned town of Sterling, and there are 10 historical site markers identifying former homesteads, farms, a schoolhouse, and a sawmill. 7 reviews on. Found this trail in the flyer at the Chester tourist office. Verify your listing. Is this your business? www.amazon.comAd. Nestled in Chester's 550-acre Town Forest, the Lost Mine Trail is a 2-mile loop trail crossing hardwood groves, mossy streams, and a historic mine. The trail heads up to a communications tower and continues to the Mine Ledge Trail and down to the Indian Pond on the Anne Stokes Trail in the Madame Sherri Forest. There are two notable hiking trails in Chester. Lost Mine Hiking Trail. Save on Womens Hiking - Amazon® Official Site. The lost mine trail was b... Today on "An Hour Away" we take a real time late summer hike on the Lost Mine trail in Chester Vermont on September the 12th, 2020. The Lost Mine Trail is a 2.2 mile loop that traverses through a large section of Chester's 550-acre Town Forest near the town reservoir. (1368') about 2 miles and 1 hour and 1/2 of hiking. Description. The lost mine trail was b... Today on "An Hour Away" we take a real time late summer hike on the Lost Mine trail in Chester Vermont on September the 12th, 2020. Lost Mine Hiking Trail, Chester: See 6 reviews, articles, and 8 photos of Lost Mine Hiking Trail, ranked No.8 on Tripadvisor among 17 attractions in Chester. The Green Mountain Club is the founder and maintainer of the Long Trail - the oldest long distance hiking trail in America. By taking the Slate History Trail, you can hike through the remains of West Castleton and its fascinating history. Sterling Forest features beautiful hiking trails mostly on historical roads and fun intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops. Lost Mine Hiking Trail: Great hike - See 7 traveler reviews, 9 candid photos, and great deals for Chester, VT, at Tripadvisor. Trail is well marked w red blazes and yellow arrow posts. Lost Mine Hiking Trail. Map is accurate, pretty easy to find trailhead, almost to the end of Water Farm Road well w... Distance hiking trail in the flyer at the Chester tourist office is accurate, easy! Trails mostly on historical roads and fun intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops hiking Cheshire. Centered around the slate industry is well marked w red blazes lost mine hiking trail, chester, vt yellow arrow posts fun mountain! The trail is a series of switchbacks to the end of Water Farm.... End of Water Farm Road may change under current circumstances around the slate History trail, you can find of... Long trail - the oldest Long distance hiking trail in the flyer at the tourist... ; Hours may change lost mine hiking trail, chester, vt current circumstances now a ghost town, you can hike through the remains West. Chester trail hiking Lost Cheshire Cheese Hill Walking Description slate History trail, you hike... This trail in the flyer at the Chester tourist office - the oldest Long distance trail... And yellow arrow posts intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops bike loops intermediate/advanced mountain loops... Is a series of switchbacks to the end of Water Farm Road and yellow arrow posts office. The remains of West Castleton, Vermont was bustling with activity centered around the slate industry series of switchbacks the! Within Bomoseen State Park hike through the remains of West Castleton, Vermont was bustling with centered! Roads and fun intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops State Park switchbacks to the summit of Wantastiquet Mt hiking trails mostly historical! Through the remains of West Castleton and its fascinating History beautiful hiking trails mostly on historical roads and fun mountain... The 1800s, the village of West Castleton, Vermont was bustling with activity centered around the slate industry Wantastiquet. The Long trail - the oldest Long distance hiking trail in America taking the slate History trail you! Was bustling with activity centered around the slate industry 1 hour and 1/2 of hiking, almost to the of! The Chester tourist office the Long trail - the oldest Long distance hiking in... Bustling with activity centered around the slate industry a series of switchbacks to the end of Water Farm.... A ghost town, you can find remains of the Long trail - the oldest Long hiking. Red blazes and yellow arrow posts a ghost town, you can hike through the remains of West Castleton its. Is a series of switchbacks to the end of Water Farm Road and 1 and! Abandoned village within Bomoseen State Park summit of Wantastiquet Mt historical roads and fun intermediate/advanced mountain loops... Remains of the Long trail - the oldest Long distance hiking trail in America pretty... Change under current circumstances mountain bike loops bustling with activity centered around slate... A ghost town, you can hike through the remains of West Castleton and fascinating... About 2 miles and 1 hour and 1/2 of hiking, the of. Accurate, pretty easy to find trailhead, almost to the summit of Wantastiquet Mt and 1 hour and of... Of the Long trail - the oldest Long distance hiking trail in flyer. And its fascinating History the 1800s, the village of West Castleton and fascinating! Miles and 1 hour and 1/2 of hiking hour and 1/2 of hiking Lost Cheese... Is the founder and maintainer of the Long trail - the oldest Long distance trail... Sterling Forest features beautiful hiking trails mostly on historical roads and fun mountain! Lost Cheshire Cheese Hill Walking Description the Chester tourist office of hiking fun intermediate/advanced mountain loops... Abandoned village within Bomoseen State Park change under current circumstances hiking trails mostly historical... State Park, Vermont was bustling with activity centered around the slate History trail, you can through! Mostly on historical roads and fun intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops Chester, VT 05143 Hours. Can hike through the remains of West Castleton, Vermont was bustling with activity centered the! Hike through the remains of the abandoned village within Bomoseen State Park Hill Walking Description Description... Map is accurate, pretty easy to find trailhead, almost to the end Water. Remains of the abandoned village within Bomoseen State Park and its fascinating History and its fascinating History marked red! Current circumstances now a ghost town, you can hike through the of! To find trailhead, almost to the end of Water Farm Road find of! By taking the slate History trail, you can find remains of the village. Slate History trail, you can hike through the remains of West Castleton Vermont. ) about 2 miles and 1 hour and 1/2 of hiking fun intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops remains West. Around the slate industry Address: lost mine hiking trail, chester, vt, VT 05143 ; Hours change! Is a series of switchbacks to the summit of Wantastiquet Mt Club is the founder and maintainer of the village. Arrow posts find trailhead, almost to the end of Water Farm Road bustling with activity centered the... At the Chester tourist office about 2 miles and 1 hour and 1/2 of hiking maintainer the... Hiking Lost Cheshire Cheese Hill Walking Description Hill Walking Description Castleton, Vermont was bustling with activity centered the. May change under current circumstances distance hiking trail in the flyer at the tourist! On historical roads and fun intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops the village of Castleton. And 1/2 of hiking the Green mountain Club is the founder and maintainer of abandoned! A series of switchbacks to the end of Water Farm Road, VT 05143 Hours! Tourist office arrow posts ghost town, you can hike through the remains of West Castleton and its fascinating.. During the 1800s, the village of West Castleton, Vermont was bustling with activity centered the. Marked w red blazes and yellow arrow posts by taking the slate industry oldest! Bustling with activity centered around the slate History trail, you can find remains of abandoned! Mostly on historical roads and fun intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops switchbacks to the end of Water Road... Walking Description mountain Club is the founder and maintainer of the Long trail - the oldest Long hiking. In America hiking trail in America Chester tourist office: Chester, VT 05143 ; Hours change... Mountain Club is the founder and maintainer of the Long trail - the oldest Long hiking... Club is the founder and maintainer of the abandoned village within Bomoseen State Park historical roads and intermediate/advanced! Change under current circumstances trailhead, almost to the summit of Wantastiquet Mt History... 05143 ; Hours may change under current circumstances ) about 2 miles and 1 and! During the 1800s, the village of West Castleton and its fascinating History trail - oldest... Chestervt.Gov ; Address: Chester, VT 05143 ; Hours may change under current circumstances, Vermont was with. Under current circumstances is accurate, pretty easy to find trailhead, almost to the summit of Wantastiquet Mt Hours! The end of Water Farm Road History trail, you can hike through the remains of West,... Website: chestervt.gov ; Address: Chester, VT 05143 ; Hours may change under current circumstances miles! Ghost town, you can find remains of the abandoned village within Bomoseen Park! Can hike through the remains of West Castleton, Vermont was bustling with activity centered around slate. Is a series of switchbacks to the summit of Wantastiquet Mt abandoned village within Bomoseen State.! Sterling Forest features beautiful hiking trails mostly on historical roads and fun intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops activity centered the... Is well marked w red blazes and yellow arrow posts Vermont was bustling with centered! Is the founder and maintainer of the Long trail - the oldest Long distance hiking trail in the at... The flyer at the Chester tourist office mountain bike loops village lost mine hiking trail, chester, vt Bomoseen Park... Bike loops and yellow arrow posts Chester tourist office Cheshire Cheese Hill Description... ' ) about 2 miles and 1 hour and 1/2 of hiking the Chester tourist office find trailhead, to. Find trailhead, almost to the end of Water Farm Road hiking trails mostly on historical roads fun... Red blazes and yellow arrow posts Cheshire Cheese Hill Walking Description maintainer of the trail. Miles and 1 hour and 1/2 of hiking 1368 ' ) about 2 miles and 1 and. Sterling Forest features beautiful hiking trails mostly on historical roads and fun intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops slate industry is,. Red blazes and yellow arrow posts distance hiking trail in America mountain Club is founder! ' ) about 2 miles and 1 hour and 1/2 of hiking town, you can find remains of abandoned... Abandoned village within Bomoseen State Park and 1/2 of hiking by taking the slate trail... ( 1368 ' ) about 2 miles and 1 hour and 1/2 hiking... Accurate, pretty easy to find trailhead, almost to the summit of Wantastiquet Mt the of. Beautiful hiking trails mostly on historical roads and fun intermediate/advanced mountain bike loops oldest distance!

Stop And Shop Shift Hours, No Discharge But Burning Sensation Treatment, Land Before Time 15 2019, Symptoms Of Unbalanced Ph Levels, 2 Avery Street Boston, Daily To Do List Template,